Any Queenslander can tell you that severe storms can strike at any time.
This Storm Season, we thought we would compile a list of tips to help you protect your home.
Make sure that before you head to the beach, your home is protected against wild weather.
- Before you leave home, make sure all windows and doors are locked.
- Secure any loose items outside. (furniture, dog kennels, plant pots
- Ensure your roof, gutters and down pipes are clean
- Have a supply of plastic shopping bags on hand to use as sandbags for emergency storm water diversion.
Always be prepared for the unexpected.
- Pack an emergency kit in case of blackouts or if you need to make a quick escape.
- We suggest you pack the following:
- List of emergency contacts.
- Torch and radio with spare batteries.
- Candles with waterproof matches or gas lantern.
- Sturdy shoes and rubber gloves.
- Bag of clothes.
- Waterproof bag for valuables and certificates.
- First aid kit with essential medications.
- Fresh water and long life foods.
- Car charger for your mobile.
For more information, go to Get Ready Queensland.